Monday, May 17, 2010

New Horizons

The future is a scary place, you know. There are lots and lots of people you'll meet and places you'll go that you don't even know of yet. You will learn new things and do new things. So I wonder why it is that we humans try so hard to shape something we can't see. We don't know what tomorrow holds. But we have it made up in our minds that if we make the right choices today, then we will be able to create our future. Well what happens when life throws you a curve ball? What happens when something outside of your plan for your future happens?

That's is why I believe the best place to stress is in the moment. You can have complete control to do whatever you want with your moment. When you are living in your moment, you can FEEL it. You are taking advantage of every second, doing something you've always wanted because you know the next second is promised to you. You make sure that the decision you make in that second is the right one because it's right for your moment.

Now some may say that this is a naive way to live. They say that if you ignore your sea of possibilities for your future, you won't be ready for the real world. I say that if you are faithful with your present, then you will be prepared for your future. Let's rephrase that: If I live right in my moment, I am preparing myself for my future. (I like that!)

So let's apply this to my spiritual life. I am not capable of doing anything positive unless God gives me the strength and the know-how. However, I constantly say to myself "I will wait until I have the right resources to do right for/by/to people." With this mindset, I am constantly looking to the future to see what good thing I can do. However, following the course of thought stated above, if I do right for/by/to people now, in my present, then I will be preparing myself to do good for others in the future. So howabout we start that good work today?

No comments:

Post a Comment